Note to self. To install Witcher and bypass the minimum system requirements check:
Move to the witcher installation folder.
Find the file called witcher.exe.
Make a shortcut to this file. The location is up to you, I chose the desktop.
Right click on the shortcut and select properties.
Add the little part below at the end of the Target property:
“C:\GOG Games\The Witcher Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut\System\witcher.exe” -dontForceMinReqs.
That’s all you need to skip the warning check. I just did it and watched the opening cinematic. Then I wrote this for my future self and now I will return to play. This tip should work for Witcher if you buy it from Steam or from GOG. I am doing the install on Windows 7, the trick should work to bypass the system requirements check on Windows 8 and other versions too.
Another not: I installed this on a Macbook Pro through Bootcamp. I have the retail edition of Witcher and I chose to install with GOG because it comes with the free update and is DRM free. I’m really looking forward to playing and love the dark atmosphere so far. A good day.
- Install and Find Netbeans PHP on Ubuntu Linux
- Fast LAMP Stack Easy Setup and Install – Ubuntu Desktop Linux
- How much space does OSX Mountain Lion take on a Fresh Install?
- Windows Command Prompt LS Equivalent Dir
- Symbolic Links in Windows for Pointing a Folder to Another Folder on an External Hard Drive or SSD