Today I updated my graphics drivers on my Bootcamp Windows 7 install for my Macbook pro. The difference is incredible, especially for gaming. We’re talking from 20 fps to 40. Games that were unplayable (like the Witcher 2 and Sleeping Dogs) suddenly become amazing.
Here’s the step by step to update and upgrade your Intel HD 4000 drivers on Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
1. Remember which version and type of Windows you have installed. Mine is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
2. Go to the Intel 4000 HD drivers website at:
3. On that Intel website select your operating system in the middle box, and Drivers in the right box.
4. Scroll down and download the .exe driver for your operating system. Mine was called: Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows 7* and Windows 8* 64 (exe).
5. Once it has downloaded select it from your Downloads folder when in Windows and run it. Move through the installation and REMEMBER TO REMOVE THE TICK FROM THE BOX THAT APPEARS AT SOME POINT IN THE INSTALLATION. This tick box will say something about turning on Aero again and WASIT. Remember to untick this box.
6. Once installation has finished it will ask to reset your computer. Say yes to reset your Windows and restart with an amazing boost to your graphics!
I’ve been enjoying many games I avoided before. Here’s some games that now are playable with Intel HD 4000 graphics: Bioshock infinite, Witcher 2, Sleeping dogs. Seriously, sleeping dogs looks amazing. Witcher 2 is still laggy, but has moved from totally unplayable to borderline playable.
- Install and Find Netbeans PHP on Ubuntu Linux
- Fast LAMP Stack Easy Setup and Install – Ubuntu Desktop Linux
- How much space does OSX Mountain Lion take on a Fresh Install?
- Windows Command Prompt LS Equivalent Dir
- Symbolic Links in Windows for Pointing a Folder to Another Folder on an External Hard Drive or SSD