Quick links to guides on setting up an Amazon Cloud instance (Amazon EC2 micro instance). Uses Nginx as webserver, not Apache.
- Setting up Amazon EC2 free micro instance quickly – Tutorial and Guide to set up a quick free amazon EC2 instance. Contains an optional WordPress install capable of 10 million visitors a day and covers nginx and Linux firewall. Full Guide to EC2.
- Another guide for quick setup of a server.
It’s really a note to self because I’m planning to startup on EC2 and comparing it to what I’m using right now. Amazon EC2 is popular, but is it really that good? We’ll be checking it out later today for a build out of Skimfeed V2.
- Install and Find Netbeans PHP on Ubuntu Linux
- Fast LAMP Stack Easy Setup and Install – Ubuntu Desktop Linux
- How much space does OSX Mountain Lion take on a Fresh Install?
- Windows Command Prompt LS Equivalent Dir
- Symbolic Links in Windows for Pointing a Folder to Another Folder on an External Hard Drive or SSD