Done! I threw together a quick recommendation algo over lunch and it worked out great so it sticks. It’s on the Skimfeed front page right now. There are no plans to roll the recommendation engine out to all individual category pages yet, but it is an option. Server load is […]
An interesting article on Hacker News preferences here has resulted in an interim solution to the “which feeds get top position” problem.
In particular the relevant section is titled: Post Performance By Content’s Domain Name. It charts which domains are most popular to hacker news readers, and hence, skimfeed readers.
Following this discovery, Skimfeed […]
Skimfeed is a news feed Aggregator. RSS news aggregating gets RSS or XML feeds and processes them into single news feeds. This is essentially what Skimfeed does.
If you are reading this, now is a good time to go to the main Skimfeed News Aggregator. The rest of this prose is […]
- Install and Find Netbeans PHP on Ubuntu Linux
- Fast LAMP Stack Easy Setup and Install – Ubuntu Desktop Linux
- How much space does OSX Mountain Lion take on a Fresh Install?
- Windows Command Prompt LS Equivalent Dir
- Symbolic Links in Windows for Pointing a Folder to Another Folder on an External Hard Drive or SSD